Spring 2017 40-Hour Divorce Mediation Training
April 22, 23 and 29, May 6 and 13, 2017.
Training Schedule: Breakfast Served at 8 AM. Classes are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM over five weekend days at the Forsgate Country Club, Exit 8A, NJ Turnpike.
Registration is available at the link below. The fee for the class is $1,550, which includes course materials, as well as breakfast and lunch, each day, and processing of CPE and NJ CLE credits.
For more information, please contact lead instructor:
Anju D. Jessani, MBA, APM
• Multi-disciplinary faculty: The faculty is composed of attorneys, mental health professionals, CPA's and other professionals who mediate divorces regularly.
• This multi-disciplinary faculty will expose you to different mediation approaches and styles.
• You will be a better mediator by learning from this diverse faculty.
• Small classes: Classes are limited to a maximum of 24 students. You will be able to better participate in the extensive role-plays and receive individualized attention from the faculty.
• Low student-teacher ratio: There will a ratio of 1 instructor for every 8 students for role plays.
• Weekend classes for your convenience.
• Follow-up teleconference three months after the training session.
Method of Instruction
• Lecture: Learn from prominent mediators and other experts.
• Faculty demonstration: Learn by watching experienced mediators.
• Student role plays: Learn by doing.
Key Elements of Training
• Parenting, child support, alimony, equitable distribution, and domestic violence.
• Process: How a divorce mediation is conducted from beginning to end.
• Separate Breakout Session on Challenges of Mediating: For those having working knowledge of child support guidelines.
• Receive documents, such as agreements to mediate, balance and expense spreadsheets, and Memoranda of Understanding in both paper and electronic format that you can customize for your practice.
• Technique: Learn what mediation is, what good mediation skills are, and how to use these techniques in your practice.
• 1:40 Family Economic Program: Meets 40-Hour course requirement. Continuing Education Credits
• CLEs: The course qualifies for 48 NJ CLE credits including 2.4 ethics credits.
• CPEs: The course qualifies for 48 CPE credits including 2.4 ethics credits.
Why Take Training From NJAPM?
• NJAPM is the largest mediation association in New Jersey with approximately 400 members.
• Our mission is to act as a training and educational resource for mediators.
• NJAPM is dedicated solely to mediation.
About the Faculty (The faculty is subject to change)
Carl Cangelosi, JD, APM - Former attorney and CEO; past president of NJAPM and founder of New Jersey Mediation Group;
Thomas H. Dilts, Esq. - Retired family court judge currently in private practice as a mediator and arbitrator;
William H. Donahue, Jr. Esq., APM - Family and divorce attorney with extensive mediation practice; author of Reconcilable Differences;
Christine Heer, JD, LCSW - Specializes in victim services; mediator, attorney, social worker, and professor;
Anju D. Jessani, MBA, APM - Past president of NJAPM; Wharton MBA with extensive experience mediating in private practice and for the courts;
Kenneth Neumann, Ph.D., APM - Founder in 1983 of Center for Family & Divorce Mediation; founding member of Academy of Prof. Family Mediators;
Jeffrey Urbach, CPA ABV,CVA CFE - Founding partner of Urbach & Avraham; specializes in matrimonial litigation, economic mediation & collaborative law
Pamela Zivari, Esq. - Operates a general practice firm emphasizing family law, including collaborative divorce and mediation.
• The course fee is $1,550 and includes a light breakfast and a full lunch each day, as well as training materials.
• After December 1, reserve your space by paying a $200 deposit.
• The full course fee for those who have made deposits must be made six weeks prior to the start of the lass
• Registrations within six weeks o the class must be paid in full at the time of registration.
• NJAPM reserves the right to cancel the training and return all fees.
• Any cancellation by a student received within five days of the course start date will be subject to a 25% cancellation fee.
• Refunds will not be issued after the program has started.
• The deposit is not refundable.
The course is offered at:
Forsgate Country Club
375 Forsgate Drive
Monroe Twp., NJ 08831
(Exit 8a off the New Jersey Turnpike)
Maximum of 24 students in a class.